16.5.13

Semester 2/1

It turned out that we are not able to coat second hand fabrics for digital printing and I wasn't entirely happy about the sterile look of my Photoshoped designs anyway. I decided to try a more organic approach. Found some great inspiration on the internet and started to draw...






I was looking for unusual usage of shapes, lines and colour. I found further inspiration in a book about street art. They might look irrelevant for my project but they did inspire me to try out different things...





I was looking for a texture to fill out the gaps in the structure above. Started to think about which photographs  could I possibly use to develop textures...





Even though I could not use digital printing I still wanted to keep my making process as harmless for the environment as possible so I have tried to use non-toxic dyes. The results were not satisfying enough but as it turned out the dyes we are using at the university are not as dangerous as I thought...



Experiments with non-toxic dyes:



Letter from the company that delivers our dyes: