16.5.13

Semester 2/2

Moodboards



I started to learn pattern-cutting and had very ambitious plans at the beginning... 



Quickly realised that I will not be able to make complex outfits so I thought I could achieve a fake 3D structure on a flat surface by mono-printing the background... 


More inspiration...


Early samples:






Stencils:



Unfortunately after washing my samples mono-printed areas faded a lot and started to look dirty. I have tried them on many different cotton fabrics but were not satisfied with the outcomes so I decided to leave it. 


Colour development:


I found an old cotton-velvet curtain and following my tutor's advice I have tried stitching on it...


Ideas for the final skirt:


 Development of combining screen-printing and stitches:




I have also tried to replace stitches with mono-printed lines but it did not work very well...